Saturday 13 December 2008

I'm Grumpy When I Don't Have Enough Sleep

I honestly love answering questions especially those which are pertinent to examinations as I believe that discussing them strengthens the long term potentiation and all those other nifty processes leading to storage of memories in the brain.

I don't even mind rediscussing the whole syllabus and explaining basic concepts that you did not grasp due to reasons common enough to remain unsaid.

But please respect my different time requirements and do not call me after 9pm as I will be in bed then (as I've already told you several times).

It wouldn't be so bad if you call just to ask questions. But to seek reassurance at 11pm two nights before the exam?!

Sorry if I'm unsympathetic but:
1. As you can hear from my voice and the way my words are slurred, you've just aroused me from a very comfortable slumber.
2. It takes time for me to go back to sleep and I require at least 7 hours of undisturbed rest before being able to function.
3. Early mornings are my optimum time. Hence I need to be able to wake up early to study and to be able to do that, I need to sleep at night.
4. Everyone panics before exams. But to call me and to tell me how you are going to fail coz you cannot finish studying and to keep rehashing the same point in different ways, well, I fail to see how THAT is going to help you in any way. It's not like information of the different time dependent oral dosage forms are going to just be magically imprinted onto your brain by such a conversation. You're better off studying/sleeping and leaving me alone.

In short, how would you like it if I call you at 3am (normally I'm up by then) to bemoan on something like my worries for the exam (which surprisingly, no one ever believes - sigh) or my lack of a social life?

Maybe I should just remember to unplug and silence my phones at night. Or maybe I should learn to apply Gobi's Famous Problem Solving Skills. They seem quite effective to me. LOLZ.


On a separate note: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :)

2 comments:

huiyin said...

haha i do understand how it's like to be disturbed when u need to sleep...chill, lady. and good luck to u too!!omg it's tmr!!hehe

Anonymous said...

yes yes ! i am very famous !


word verification : pstorain