Monday 3 November 2008

Growing Pains

Looking at the choice of music I listen to, I can only conclude that...

I'm growing old.

When I was 16-17, I listen to Mix.fm. My favourite artistes then being Westlife, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton and other similar songs.

When I was 18-19, I balanced my time between Mix.fm and Hitz.fm. That's when I was (and still am) crazy over all those emo-rock songs. Dashboard Confessional, 3 Doors Down, Trapt, Vertical Horizon, Matchbox 20, you name it.

When I entered IMU, besides all those emo-rock to put me into an angst-y mood, I began to listen to (gasp) Light & Easy. Occasionally Fly.fm as well, but you get my point.

Light & Easy is the station my parents tune in to. They play old songs by Elvis Presley (which I don't like), Elvis Costello (the song "She" sounds nice), REO Speedwagon, Cliff Richards and the like.

People often wonder why I listen to such a mellow (to put it nicely) station... Well, mostly because it brings back memories but also because... I like the songs (I'm an old soul).

And probably because I'm getting on in age.

Today, as I turn 23, I realize that I've progressed to another milestone in music age. I've began to like listening to instrumental music.

Granted I console myself that most of the instrumental music I like are from anime (and Slimy!Sheldon my lil bro listens to them too!) but still..

Looks like by the time I turn 30 I'll be listening to Mozart and friends. LOL.

Thanks for everything - the wishes, the effort... You've all made my day (and year ). :)

No comments: