Sunday 30 November 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Every once in awhile, I'll go crazy and do something really stupid like taking a traipse down memory lane.

Maybe it's the effect of sitting alone in Starbucks with a mug of hot chocolate alone on a cold winter day, watching teenagers hang out with their friends which reminded me of my own teenage years (which wasn't too long ago :P).

Anyway, after such episodes of reminiscence, I always have to go back and reread e-mails/icq chats/messages from that period of time. I know I know, sendiri cari pasal, and I've even let the past go already actually. LOL.

But rereading (and reliving) those past memories are great. Who can forget:
- chatting with Stefanie online, offline, and for hours long on the telephone before AND after school (I went to afternoon school at that time)
- Juston who always called me Kodok. RIP my dear friend.
- my enmity with Chin, Sam and Young. Oh my. That was during the stage when I was teased with them, Young coz I sat next to him in class (and they said I looked like him - PLEASE), Chin coz my dad and his dad were colleagues, and Sam? I can't remember the reason. Anyways, at the end of the day, Sam and Chin are now quite close buddies of mine but I still haven't conversed with Young until now. LOLZ. No great loss though. :P
- how I used to icq chat with Mysterious Girl and yumcha as Rogue. Also became acquainted with Calvin Loh, my junior, at that time. Then my online friendship circle increased to include people from Ketari, Katholik etc. I also grew kind of fond to the nickname Starfire and it stuck until this very day. Oh yeah, must not also forget that my friendship with green^finger also begun later.
- the tasteless fried rice we made in ERT.
- the class newspaper (gossip paper?) we set up which met an untimely demise.
- English week where we sapu all the prizes. LOL.
- Ken Yu who I thought was kinda obnoxious. LOLZ.
- the teacher I couldn't stand. Was immature at that time though. No further comment.
- how I loved Geography classes with Pn. Rohayati. However, if you ask me anything bout Geography now the only thing you'll get from me is a blank look. :P
- Miss Lee's science experiments. Especially the tiub visking one which looked like a dugong LOLZ. And even better since I had Theepa the funny guy as a bench mate. :)
- Mrs. Lim's English classes. They're fun! Although sometimes I get a feeling that she thinks... ah well, forget that thought.
- Our Form 3 class motto! Resillience In The Face Of Adversity! I thought it up and Seng Aun fixed it up.
- The evileness of Dinosaur Lady. No hard feelings now though. :P
- How I cheated for my KH project (I sent the stuff to the tailor to do la coz I can't sew to save my life).
- How we would skip recess to work on our (failing) woodwork. :P
- How my pateri always seem to suck and my electrical circuits always fail.
- Interdistrict English debate in Temerloh! How we trashed some small-fry school before falling to SM Clifford.
- Editorial board for the school mag. We had a dream and we achieved that dream.
- A crush on someone. LOLZ. Gosh, that was embarassing. :P
- Prefectship. And being a part of the AJKT, among my dad's students.
- How much I hated Add Math. Especially the chapter on logarithms. And how I had to do sums each day to "practice".
- Accounts and Physics tuition where I got to know other students better.
- How I loathe Ujian Tara each year. And Sports Day too. And how I tried to get out by being a PBSM member - it worked in Form 5 finally! :)
- My great big fall out with Stef and gang. Eventually was resolved though. Thank God. :) Life's too short to spend it being angry with others.
- My recess-time adventures when all I wanted was a friend and everyone thought otherwise. LOLZ.
- Prefect's camp! As the evil facilitator who threw eggs, flour and water balloons at poor newbie prefects (and some old ones too).
- Kuiz Sains Negara. We represented Pahang but got last in the state eliminations (in Kuantan too! paiseh).
- how I was one of the few who always attended Mr. Chin's classes (together with Chin who couldn't run away LOLZ).
- how I used to borrow Sudeep's past years from different states.
- Chemistry classes with Pn. Wong. They're never boring.
- not sleeping before exams. Coz cannot finish studying. Even Biology for SPM. Shh..
- Form 6 orientation. And form 6 combined classes in the great hall.
- attempting to take Physics as an extra subject. I must be crazy.
- prefectship once again and the struggle for power. And once I got the post of Head Girl I had to leave. What a waste.

And then I had to leave for INTEC. Which is a different story altogether.

I also remember that in Form 1/2, Stef wrote a story on us being grown up. How different we ended up - which showed how we've changed over the years. Let's see:

I was supposed to be a computer engineer as I was interested in computers then (I must be crazy) - I'm now a pharmacist to be)

Jo-Anne was supposed to be headmistress of SMK Sulaiman - she's now in the media industry.

Grace was supposed to be Mrs. Nick Carter and live in the US - she's now in the US doing music psychology and everyone has forgotten who's Nick Carter already.

Can't really remember bout the rest. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

Those times were indeed golden. Did I miss out anything? Looks like it's imperative that I jot this all down before my memory fails me (as it is, I already see large gaps in the story). Those days in SMK Sulaiman were indeed quite nice (though at that time all we wanted to do was to grow up as soon as possible). But it is indeed interesting to see where we all are now. We might be spread all across the world, but the bonds we have, the past we shared will always link us forevermore. :)

Ok, back to the present. Got lab tomorrow so will go and sleep now. Hopefully my tissue is fine tomorrow (crosses fingers).

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

I remember that debate...we were like little mouse in front of SM clifford.My gosh.....hahaha

and how come I dodn't know that I was suppose to be head mistress of SMK Sulaiman...hahahahah

reading your post brought back many memories.
Indeed, we have changed:)

Miss you, take care my dear friend:)

Unknown said...

wah fiona.. reading ur down memory lane make me recall my sch days. it felt so long ago. i cant imagine myself going back to sch, wearing sch uniform anymore now..eheh
but good tat u can jot all ur memories down. many years frm now, u can alwiz look back n re-read this.