Wednesday 19 November 2008

Malay Song Recs

Am listening to some Malay songs currently. I actually quite like those angst-tinged songs, despite the fact that many Chinese (at least those that I know) don't. But then again, one man's meat is another's poison, and although I enjoy certain Chinese songs too (Jay Chou, Michael), with Malay songs at least I know what they're singing about as sad to say, I'm a banana (though most of the time the lyrics are not *that* profound).

Among my favourite songs include:
1. Kau Ilhamku by Man Bai
One of the very first Malay songs introduced to me, a rather mushy (jiwang) song about someone being the inspiration of another.

2. Belaian Jiwa by Innuendo
This song is so famous in Malaysia that it is a staple in singing competitions and karaokes. A rather soothing song, methinks.

3. Mungkin Nanti by Peter Pan
One of my favourites. An angsty song on the probability of reunion and the pleading of one not to relive the past.

4. Hidupku Kan Damaikan Hatimu by Caffein
The newest song on my playlist. No idea who or what Caffein is but the song is in a similar vein to the previous ones, so...

5. Tak Kenal Maka Tak Cinta by Francisca Peter & Roy
An oldie oft heard on Lite FM. On how to love someone without knowing that person.

Ok, back to my intro. Sighz.

3 comments:

yieng said...

oh, ini semua lagu yang best best belaka. :)
there are a few which i think is really good too. you can try listening to anuar zain, keabadian cinta or something (i cant really recall the name), and bila resah by anuar zain too.

and ning baizura's awan yang terpilu. you could also try watching it's MTV from youtube cause it makes me cry each time i watch it. *SOBS* lol..

haha, just suggesting anyway, you can ignore me.. :P

yieng said...

and also OAG's aku statik!!! lol..

Mayc said...

Hey, thanks for the recs. They're great! :)