Monday 8 September 2008

Diamond Dust Rebellion

Doesn't really live up to my expectations I'm afraid.

It's the typical shounen filler movie extragavanza... Hero with a brooding past and guilt haunting him, fighting within ranks, order for execution, realisation by main hero of the brooding hero's suffering, fighting with villains and losing, main hero to the rescue with some canny advice, gasp-the-world-as-we-know-it-is-going-to-end scene, fighting with main hero giving brooding hero a chance to avenge his past and let go, brooding hero finding peace withing himself and letting go, all is well again, end.

Seriously, what I've just detailed is a brief summary of Diamond Dust Rebellion (why the name? There's no diamond dust anywhere..), but after the ham that was Memories of Nobody, I should have known better. Guess I thought that since there's the deliciously icy Hitsugaya as one of the main characters in it that it should be better. *Shivers*. Hope Fade to Black does not suffer the same horrible fate as Diamond Dust Rebellion. It has Rukia as one of the main characters in it, but somehow I feel that the fate of being a shounen filler movie is going to befall it as well.

Man, I hate fillers. Why doesn't KT take time off to devise the plot of the movie this time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Fiona!! when i saw Star Fyre on my blog visitors' list...I thought..this looks very very very familiar! haha. So you are in Glasgow now huh? How things? been around Europe yet? look forward to hear from you. you can leave a message on my chat box. ciao.